Are you the type of person who is always in a rush and feel like you never have enough time? If your answer is yes, we totally feel ya. We’ve put together five healthy ways to kick start your day, leaving you fueled and feeling energized.
- Grab your spoon and a jar of our almond or cashew butter. This is the easiest and quickest way to get healthy nutrition into your body (and will allow you to hit snooze a few times). Our butters are packed full of healthy fats, protein, fiber and omega-3’s and will give you the boost you need. Add an apple or banana for a healthy dose of carbs and even more nutrients.
- SMOOTHIES!! This Banana-Almond Butter smoothie is a favorite. Throw all ingredients in a blender and sip while you get ready for the day or drink on your commute to work.
1/2 c strawberries
1 T moxie nosh almond butter
1/4 c yogurt or milk (our personal favorite is almond milk)
1 T chia seeds
1 T ground flax seeds
5 ice cubesdash of cinnamon
1 serving of protein powder (optional)
- Avocado toast might be the biggest trend right now, but our cashew butter toast is giving it a run for the money. Toast up your favorite bread, smear a healthy amount of cashew butter on it and then top with sliced strawberries and unsweetened coconut flakes. It’s toast perfection in our opinion.
- Oatmeal Cashew Muffins. We shared this previously on the blog, check out the recipe here. Make a batch of these on Sunday, store in the refrigerator or freezer and grab one or two on your way out the door in the morning.
- Waffles, Waffles, Waffles! Waffles are always a good idea! Whatever your waffle preference is top them with almond or cashew butter. If you are trying to be a bit more healthy this is a great alternative to syrup, which can pack a ton of sugar, resulting in a major blood sugar crash. If you like to make your waffles from scratch try adding one or two tablespoons of almond or cashew butter to the batter. If you opt for frozen, ready to go waffles, we prefer Van’s brand.
We hope you find these tips helpful in creating healthy breakfast options - Cheers!