Sharing recipe inspiration from our Ambassador, Joy! Who else is making the most of these quarantine days with a little baking?
1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer or using a stand mixer, beat together the fat, sugar, almond butter and vanilla extract at medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. If you use coconut oil, it may not come together easily. If that's the case, use your hands to combine it and then beat another 20 seconds.
- Beat in the egg on low and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. If you used brown sugar, skip to the next step. If you used coconut sugar, place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 8 balls and place the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on the top and on the sides of the dough balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes (if using coconut sugar) or 14-17 minutes (if using brown sugar) or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
For more fitness and wellness inspiration, check out @joykushner on Instagram and Facebook!