Don’t let the word tofu scare you away from this recipe! You can just as easily slather some shrimp, chicken, beef, or pork in this tasty sauce :)
One of the main goals of Moxie Nosh is to encourage people to eat healthier and live their best life. Since everyone is different, we want to share healthy recipes that can be easily modified to fit your specific dietary goals. This recipe is all of that! Curry is a quick and easy meal to make and often pulls together random veggies and ingredients in your fridge that need to be used.
Moxie Nosh Almond Butter Crust
Serves 2, double for additional portions
Combine the ingredients and add 2 tbsp water to get to a thin enough consistency to cover your protein. If using chicken or beef, try slicing into strips before dressing. Preheat your skillet and cook! The oil will help create a crispy golden crust and that nutty flavor will cling to your protein. It’s that simple!
Red Curry Noodle Soup is a favorite of mine. In fact, all things soup are my favorite! I love the simplicity of this dish and how easily I can throw things together. Here are some of my tricks to having an impressive meal in minutes:
- Once the can is opened, freeze your coconut milk into ice cubes for an easy add in.
- Have a variety of sauces and seasonings on hand. Curry powder will last a long time on your shelf and curry paste will hold in your fridge too! Just make sure you always reach in with a CLEAN spoon!!
- Noodles! I love the zero carb shiratake noodles sold in the refrigerated section of the produce department- they are filling without the carby crash. Keep your favorite noodles on hand to liven things up!
- Vegetables are hit or miss in my house. I buy fresh kale with the best intentions and somehow it always just gets chopped up, bagged, and thrown in the freezer. Curry is great because you really don’t need that many veggies!! A handful of frozen greens, half an onion, and some old baby carrots will be just fine. I promise.
- Bone broth! Are you on the bone broth wagon yet?!?! Instead of using stock or just plain water I use bone broth to up the protein and allow myself all those amazing health benefits.
I’m hungry all over again just thinking about this! The best part about this dish, other than the simplicity, is that every single thing is good for you and provides real nutrition. Try something new and treat your body with Moxie Nosh Almond Butter Crusted Tofu and Red Curry Noodle Soup!
Be bold. Eat better.