Winter has settled in and temperatures are hovering around freezing here in western Montana. The days may be getting longer, but the snow keeps accumulating. It’s crazy to think that in just four short months we will be back at the Clark Fork Market!
There are so many easy modifications and substitutions that can be made for this dish ensuring that everyone can enjoy it. Whether you are Whole30, Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, or Keto, this recipe is for you! Check below to see our suggested substitutions.
Cook chicken in a skillet over medium heat and set aside. Saute potatoes and onions until browned. While they are cooking combine tomatoes, coconut cream, and cashew butter in a blender and puree. Once the potatoes and onions are browned add the spices while stirring. Pour in the tomato mixture, bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the chicken just before serving.
Serve alongside rice. Top with chutney, raita, or pickled vegetables.
Substitutions and Modifications:
- Make the dish in a slow cooker
- Sub garbanzo beans or tofu for the chicken
- Omit the potatoes and add cauliflower instead
- Use light coconut milk to lower the fat and calories
- Add fresh peppers to spice the dish up
- Serve with greens instead of rice to lower the carb count
We hope you enjoy this creamy, warm, and filling dish as much as we did!