*for 8 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Moxie Nosh Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup crushed cashews
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the sugar, ½ cup (115 g) of butter, and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, cashews and cocoa powder, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9x9-inch (23x23 cm) baking tray.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust every side of the baking tray.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Use a spoon to add dollops of Moxie Nosh Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter on top of the batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the cashew butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when pan is shaken.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.