1/2 cup packed dates (pitted)
1/4 cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup Moxie Nosh Almond Butter
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (GF for gluten-free eaters)
1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips and/or white chocolate chips
1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- OPTIONAL: Toast oats and quinoa in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 15 minutes to give a toasted flavor. Not necessary but recommended.
Place dates in a food processor and mix until small bits remain and they form a ball. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add oats, quinoa, wheat germ, nuts, and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking down the dates so they disperse fairly evenly throughout the ingredients. Small chunks are OK.
- Warm honey and Almond Butter in a small saucepan and pour over dry ingredients. Stir quickly to evenly coat. The chocolate chips will melt.
- Transfer to a shallow pan (such as 8x8 or loaf pan) lined with parchment or plastic wrap and top with another piece of plastic wrap and use your hands to form the mixture into a tight square (keeping in mind you want them about 1/2 thick and you'll cut them into 10-12 bars // amount as original recipe is written) with an uniformly flat top. This will take a little work but the warmth of your hands will help to shape them.
- Still covered, pop them into the freezer to set for 15 minutes. Remove and cut into 10 bars (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge to keep fresh, or in the freezer for longer storage.
If you tried this recipe let us know by tagging us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest or by using the hashtag #BeBoldEatBetter