This is by far the most versatile of all our Moxie Nosh Recipes. It’s quick and easy to make, and goes with so many dishes!
Cashews have been used to make rich and creamy dairy free sauces. Typically, to make a cashew cream sauce you have to soak the nuts overnight or all day. This recipe eliminates that step for a sauce that’s ready when you are.
½ cup Moxie Nosh Cashew Butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅓ - ½ cup water
1-2 cloves garlic or ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately or allow to set up in the fridge. Add water as needed to get your desired consistency.
Check out our top dishes to try with this sauce:
- Drizzled on roasted napa cabbage halves
- As a dressing for a kale slaw topped with parmesan crusted sardines
- On roasted cauliflower and chickpeas
- A sauce for sauteed zoodles with kalamata olives and artichoke hearts
- With a winter salad of spiced lentils, roasted beets, and micro greens
- As a dip for falafel, or on a mezze platter
- With bacon braised brussels sprouts
- Alongside sweet potato Greek fries topped with parsley, lemon, and garlic
- On top of your favorite curry