Our amazing friend Becca at Minimal Wellness created a grain-fee, low sugar chocolate chip cookie recipe using our Almond Butter! We love Becca because she shares our belief that eating real, unprocessed food is the key to fueling your mind and body. Check out her full blog, tips and tricks to eating healthy and other recipes HERE.
Are you ready for a cookie recipe that you can feel good about eating? We can't wait for you to try this recipe!
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat, swirling frequently to prevent burning once the butter has melted and is beginning to bubble and foam. Watch for the butter to begin turning light caramel color. Continue swirling frequently until butter reaches a medium caramel color then remove from heat. Let cool.
- Once butter has cooled, pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour cooled browned butter into a large mixing bowl and add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and nut butter of choice.
- Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly and completely.
- Combine dry ingredients (coconut flour, coconut flakes, salt, and baking soda) in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix to distribute salt and baking soda evenly.
- Add dry ingredients into sugar and butter mixture and mix completely.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, add chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon and your hands to make small-medium sized dough balls and place the balls evenly on baking trays.
- Once all dough balls are on the baking trays, use your hand or the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten the cookies a bit before baking.
- Optional: sprinkle tops of the cookies with a little flaked salt.
- Bake the cookies on the middle or top racks of the oven at 350°F for about 13 minutes or until lightly browned.