With our launch of roasted nut butter, we are excited to share this recipe from one of our Ambassadors Natalie!
(Makes 12 Servings)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together coconut and almond flours with melted coconut oil, maple syrup and shredded coconut until well combined.
3. Lightly grease a 6x6 baking tray then line with parchment paper and evenly press down the shortbread layer with a silicone spatula.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove and let completely cool.
5. In a food processor, add the dates, Roasted Nut Butter and water then blend into a paste-like texture.
6. Using a spatula again, evenly spread out your middle layer on top of the cooled shortbread.
7. Next, add chocolate chips, coconut oil and sea salt to a glass bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments.
8. Pour melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
9. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours (or overnight) to set before cutting into it.
10. Using a very sharp knife, cut into 12 bars then store in the freezer.
For more wellness inspiration, check out @nutritiouslynatalie on Instagram!